Swimming in a triathlon wasn’t the kind of new experience I was expecting when I joined the Hemlow accounts team six months ago.
Now I’m one of six colleagues training for the JLL Property Triathlon sprint relays on 30 June. With only six weeks until the starting pistol, preparations are underway for all of us!
Our training is varied:
• John is taking his bike to Wales for hill training
• Gary has run two marathons this year, but also the Whitstable 10k to practise his sprinting
• Pippa is doing weekend runs – sometimes with her three children and their friends riding their bikes behind her!
• Chris has a bike race in Shropshire which takes in 4500ft of climbs over 50km of trails
• Mark hadn’t been to a pool for 15 years, but now he is swimming 3 or 4 times a week
I like to think my training so far has been consistent…. The local leisure centre is within view from our office window, so it’s easy enough to fit in regular gym, swim and lunchtime badminton sessions. Now it’s time to up the ante though, so I’m starting to practise in my wetsuit and last Saturday I went to the venue itself for a swim seminar in the triathlon lake!
We are fundraising for Cancer Research UK – a really important charity to me, since two of my closest friends have had cancer scares and chemotherapy in the past year. If you can spare any pennies or pounds then please do donate and support us: our JustGiving page is here.